Once Upon A Salem Night.

Please,  if I may;
Can I just sit here? ; munching munchkins.
Watching my lil fur ball go'a thumbling.

Hoi! If y'all don't mind naw
I could brew me her'a steaming cup of coffee;

But' While cooling off my toffee.
Let me tell you about a fethery toupee;
'One I took last night, though a bit early;
Off lil gipsy Heilley.
Though she was a lil crazy clingy;
With a face quite a lil whimsey.
Up there at Bursty Brithneys.

I was at the bar mixing Henny.
When she tumbled in all drenchy.
Eyes lit up like Christmas glowies
Red lips, plum and rosy.

So it was that little Heilley;
  Walked up to the bar seeking refuge.
So I poured her a glass of bloody Mary.
And sat her next to my jukeboxes.

In that shadowy glow of faces,
And cigar ashes on sweat stained  walls;
Over the sweet symphony of little Dolly.
As she swings soothing melodies from my jukeboxes
She told me tales of castles and secret promises;
Of dukes and hairy horsemen;
News of rabbits and snowflakes;
Of Dolphins and ocean waves;
Spooky tales of ghosts in jukeboxes;
Of shadows and cornfields;

She gave me hints on how passion wrecks sanity.
And resumed her tale of sunbeams and tangled tights;
Of rumpled sheets and musty sweats;
Stories of breakfast calls on early mornings;
Filled with breadcrumbs and sugar cubes;
Stollen kisses on late evenings;
And daring prnces with charming faces.

Though at a point, her mascara stained face went all a'forlorn
As she told tales of hurtful betrayals;
Of empty promises and sleepless nights;
Of Wasted years and corny knight;
Of how life bleeds and heart splinters;
She told me; how time flies and the dove chariot fades
How she stood tall amidst all the sandstorm.
Hiding away in her mind box with brown crooked edges.
Waiting for sunset and pretty raspberries...
And a little dripping cup of comfort;
To bring her back to sanity.

So when she's all but done.
I stood up and walked her to the balcony.
Where we both watched the still cold night;
And late night crawlers stumbling out of crevices.
Gently I held her,  all shivery close,
And whispered faintly into her cold ear;
  "Sometimes, little Heilley,  you should know;
        even the wind cries Mary"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts