'The white Commissioner'





After I've dropped in the pub;
To have a drink  or two of Ale.

 Maybe I'll tell you,
that while stumbling home;
In my knockoff box size shoes,
I saw some strangers, hanging surprisingly;
To the thin veil of the night?
And some wild eyed hobos too?


While making a sourpuss,
Of;
  Some "Dotted pebbles".
  Some little teeny "Mushroom canopies".
  A "Cacophony of voices";
  Some  "mirage of thoughts".
  Lost in an ocean of faces.

It is important that you know,
That while all these was going on;
I'm my little drunken head.
I saw aunty Uju;
In her hazardously skimpy gown.
Toetailing alongside bro Ikemefuna,
Beside the white commissioner's house.

It was not until later,
When the cockadoo has gone to roast.
That I heard some urgent shouts.
Some sudden tramping of jackboots on rusty twigs.
A rousing; the boom of a barrel.
As it emptied it's innards,
Into the recess of the night.

It was at dawn the next morning.
That they found aunty Uju's naked body,
Staring in all her ravaged gloriousness,
Into the heavens.
As if appealing to Amadioha(the sky God).
To once again ignite her temple.

What happened to Aunty Uju?
Where is Ikemefuna?
Whose barrel graced the night with that resounding boom?
We will never know.
 
 The night they said, had swallowed a murder.

Comments

  1. It seems the heavens asked for a story and you delivered it to perfection. Salud

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts