Running Stones

Inioluwa

you should know
that last week
I saw a pretty bird,
tender and sleek,
eyes so unique,
the hair on her head:
the color of lead

you should know
that I am leaving you for her
I would tell you directly
but you would make a scene
so I'm sending this
because you should know

-Ocean.
You should know
That it's only a matter of time,
Before thunder.
As roburst as Ose sango.
Strike you from inside out.

 You should know,
That the very colour of blood;
Is crimson red.
Just like the hair on her head,
It glitters, when it flows afresh.

You should know;
That it was me;
Who brave the tides,
Of our turbulent ocean.
When life was harsh.
Like Baba agba's bony hands.

You should know,
That the frame of our decaying love;
Still hangs gingerly,
On my white washed wall.

Yes,  you should know;
That enìkan kìí bú sàngó léèrùn.
Òòjó lolúwéré n pani.

  Sincerely yours,
    Àbèní.

-Inioluwa
If fire will fall, let it fall.
Let the thunders rumble
Without the drops of rain
If your god will inflict pain
I am ready to be slain

What I found is sweeter than joy
What I found is the source of joy
And who I am to be the proverbial foolish river
That forgets its source;
The whole world would watch its water turn bitter.

Abeni, Omo Olokun Osa
The time we spent together was brief
Like two stray birds perching on a branch
Before the coming of the whirlwind

Our time together was sweet
Maybe sweeter than thing the honeycomb
But then, how would I know
How could I reconsider
When I can no longer remember
How would I know
When I am in love a red-haired?

-Ocean

Adigun IMO Olokunola!
🤭I giggle at your foolishness.

You know what the guinea fowl saw,
That made him couched his wings in dark scarlets.
 Your little squirrel is joyously eating unripe banana.
Little did he know it is the sweet things of this world,
That actually kills the glutton.

  You should remember,
That it was I, Abeni agbon.
Who made you the man you are.
I'm sure, your memory is still fresh,
 From the night I took your manhood,  under the iroko tree;
That graced the village square.

Do you think you are man enough,
To brave the river that is I?
Maybe you think love will save you.
When the universe finally change it's course;
And starts raining thunder.

Let me remind you;
Of the time we spend together.
When you use to throw you wayward stone.
At my window on late nights.
When you used to sneak into my room.
To wet you throbbing manhood.
That igi lókóró tí n daná ru.

But now you've found the source of joy?
You've found Moremi Ajansoro, Egbinola Ewatomi.

You should know;
That love can be sweet in form.
But really rough in prove.
Yes you should know,
That the water Lilly who thinks he can dance without water.
Is ready to whiter and crumble.

Be careful,
 OMO Olokunseniade;
Thread carefully.

With love,
Abeni.

Comments

  1. Awwwnnnnn. Ocean, ma pa mi nau.👅

    😂 Surely, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guysss, I hope you enjoy reading more of my works as I drop them on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hissshh, the way the Yorùbá elements are skillfully woven is masterclass... This got my attention mehn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiling all through the read. Gbas gbos session, Inioluwa goes no where.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts